Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Vertical Jump Case Study!

A young man's quest for more explosiveness and a higher vertical leap eventually led to an unlikely meeting with Coach Doyle of C.O.R.

"A couple of years ago an aspiring young basketball player was referred to me by a mutual friend. I was told very little about this young man other than the fact that he had been out of high school for a year and was very interested in playing for a college team. I agreed to meet with him to see if the services I provided could be of some assistance. We met one afternoon and after asking many questions and in turn answering some of his concerns we agreed to work together. Initially, there were several things I noticed about this young man. First, he seemed very confident within himself yet at the same time very frustrated that he wasn't playing for a college team. Generally I would describe him as being "hungry" and eager to show his talent. Physically, he was thin with little muscle mass. From what I could gather about his current workouts, he was doing an excessive amount of volume considering how many actual basketball games he was playing. His lifting regimen resembled a bodybuilder's split routine except with nothing included for his legs. So, after doing some initial testing with him he began a short 4 week program emphasizing what I felt he needed...."

Email conditioning4optimumresults@hotmail.com to learn more....


No comments: